OXIS International U.S is headquartered at 468 N. Camden Dr., 2nd Floor Beverly Hills CA 90210 USA. Website: http://www.oxis.com/ergothioneine
Oxidative stress refers to the situations in which the body’s antioxidant and other defensive abilities to combat free radicals (highly reactive species of oxygen and nitrogen) are overwhelmed and one’s normal healthy balance is either lost or severely compromised.
Advancing Oxidative Stress Technology Oxis International, Inc. (OTCBB: OXIS) is the premiere provider for the potent antioxidant, Ergothioneine and through their patented synthetic manufacturing process remains the only significant commercial source of pure l-ergothioneine worldwide.
ERGOTHIONEINE…THE SUPER ANTIOXIDANT FOR NUTRACEUTICAL, COSMECEUTICAL AND THERAPEUTICS
ERGO is naturally occurring, water soluble, amino acid multifaceted antioxidant produced by microbes in the soil. It is most commonly found in various species of mushrooms and grapes, meats and dairy products. However, it is not commercially practical to extract ERGO from these natural sources and it essentially impossible to ingest a diet that provides enough ERGO to take full advantage of its potential health benefits. Humans and most animals typically have low levels of ERGO since the amount of ERGO in the diet is relatively small.
ERGO is one of the most potent, multifaceted biological compounds with appreciable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, neuro-protective and other protective properties. ERGO acts by itself, or in combination with other natural compounds to improve the body’s own intrinsic defenses against oxidative stress.
BENEFITS OF ERGO
Some of the potential benefits of ERGO include its ability to:
- Conserve and maintain the levels of other antioxidants such as Vitamin E, Vitamin C and glutathione;
- Increase respiration and the oxidation of fat (possibly contributing to increased energy and exercise capacity);
- Protect mitochondria from damage (this is important because potentially damaging reactive oxygen species are generated when oxygen is normally metabolized in mitochondria,
- Reduce the damaging effects of environmental ultraviolet radiation (likely to be important in protecting the eyes against cataract producing oxidative injury);
- Neutralize increased oxidative stress by providing an ROS (reactive oxygen species) and RNS (reactive nitrogen species) scavenging capacity, a property that protects key molecules in the body; and,
Protect against the effects of neurotoxins that are believed to have a casual role in the development and progression of cognitive decline.
Think OXIS when it comes to natural Anti Aging wonder drug!
Skin it the largest organ in the body and like other organs we need to take adequate care of it to keep it healthy and glowing. Any type of skin care routine starts with cleaning the skin.
The simplest cleaning routine is washing with mild soap and water. Skin should be washed gently and moisturized regularly. There are different skin types and which determine how, how much and how often the cleansing routine should be followed.
Most people clean their skins 2-3 times a day. If the skin is oily the cleansing routine should be done 4-5 times a day to wash away the dirt and unclog the pores.
People with dry skins should avoid using harsh cleansers and soaps which will have a drying effect on the skin. They need to use oil based cleansers instead of soap. Combination skins need cleansers with a balancing formula for avoiding moisture loss.
Tips for a glowing skin
- A facemask of egg and honey gently removes tan from your face
- Cucumber juice mixed with milk can be used as a cleanser
- For a oily skin, cut a lemon and apply the juice over your face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off with cold water
- Mix honey and milk and apply it on your face for 15 minutes. It will make your skin glow
- Apply buttermilk on skin for 15 minutes to soak up the excess oil.
- Carrot juices , if applied daily on the skin will lighten blemishes
- Orange Peels mixed with milk act as a natural bleaching agent. Apply for 25 minutes and wash it off
- Sandalwood paste if applied everyday on the skin will make it glow.
- Mash a banana/papaya and apply the paste on your face for 20 minutes to make your skin glow
- Use olive oil as a moisturiser. It can be also used on a sunburn.
- Cotton pads dipped in chilled cucumber juice will reduce dark circles under the eyes.
Foods rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A , Vitamin D and anti-oxidants such as tomatoes, oranges, lemons, papaya, broccoli, amla (Indian gooseberry) will provide the nutrients required to make your skin glow and free from wrinkles.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, protect your skin from the ultra-violet rays of the sun by using creams/lotions with Sun Protection Factor (SPF). UV rays will make your skin age faster causing wrinkles. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day) and fresh fruit juices. Avoid carbonated drinks. Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Following these simple guidelines reward you with a permanently glowing skin!
Isn’t it unbearably annoying to see your aging face in the mirror and seeing your glowing youthful face in the photograph taken years ago? The process of aging is the monster that can sabotage your facial beauty.
But no need to panic! It is still possible to get back and retain your glowing facial skin. It is no magic, but a practical solution that anyone can put to use.
The market is overflowing with highly effective creams and lotions that you can apply on your face. Even skin specialists suggest many creams that can help you in retaining your flawless and glowing skin that defies your age. As each skin type is different you must be really careful in choosing your skincare product. As you may be aware, there is no “fits all sizes” solution here. You should know how much, how long and how to use these products to get the desired results. Though years of research and genuinely helpful and safe ingredients and highly careful processes have gone into their making, these beauty care solutions do have limitations. And beware, these products come with no guarantee of serving your purpose and yes, the danger of further damage is not ruled out.
The other way is to make changes to your diet regimen and the way you protect your skin. This is a good way to retard aging by slowing down the degeneration of cells and tissues inside the body. A healthy glow of the face comes from a healthy internal system and you can ensure that by consuming foods that are beneficial for the skin and avoid that are not.
This is an excellent way to protect your skin damage due to aging. You may even combine these efforts with practices like yoga and meditation to calm and serenity ingrained in your system to maintain your overall good looks. This is easier said than done as continuity holds the key here.
There is the need for protecting your skin from the onslaught of harsh weather conditions and exposure to direct sunlight or unsuitable and unhealthy environment for the health of your skin.
You may be taking all the precautions of not exposing your skin to direct sunlight and harsh atmosphere by wearing hats and sunscreen etc. You can apply cold packs and wash your face as often as possible to get rid of grime. This too is limited when it comes to practicality.
The next question is how much time you can afford to spend for your beauty care regimen. Most people put the blame on the time factor for not taking proper care of their skin especially the facial skin. The competitive world robs us of the very valuable time to spend on things close to our hearts.
Now where do all the above factors lead us to? I said there is a way – that anyone can have young, healthy and glowing skin.
No, it’s not surgery. Not even a cream or a lotion!
Yes, you guessed it right! Facial Exercise is the easiest, fastest and only solution that suits one and all irrespective of your skin color or type. It requires just 30 minutes a day for doing these facial exercises. You will see the delightful difference in only 7 days.
Curious? Get ” Facial Gymnastics” and see for yourself.
Botox or botulinum toxin A is used in weakening the muscles which form wrinkles. In today’s time people use it to write off the crow’s feet, wrinkles and frown lines. The insertion of this toxin to the muscles paralyzes these muscles resulting in lesser contractions which in turn give a youthful appearance. The results can be seen for 3 to 6 months and the treatment can be done till the age of 65.
Botox treatments are physician-administered, uncomplicated and non-surgical. In fact it has been permitted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the only approval for its type in the US
The questions which arise about Botox treatments are- Does our face look natural after the procedure? Does it work? Can the treatment be stopped abruptly? Does it have side effects? … and so on
Let us try to answer some-
- Firstly botox doesn’t drastically change your facial expressions. You can still look surprised or frown, just like you did before!
- In a survey conducted nearly 90% people said they saw a reduction in wrinkles after the treatment. However this doesn’t happen in every case.
- Yes, the treatment can be stopped after a session or two. The only difference is that the wrinkles will be back.
- Like every other artificial procedure this too has wide ranging side effects like-
- Swelling, numbness, redness, pain in the injected areas
- Headaches, allergic reactions due to Botox
- Respiratory infections and drooping of eyebrows and eyelids
Sometimes the consequences can be hazardous also. In case of overdose or a wrong a muscle getting injected, seek medical help immediately.
It is advisable to visit a well qualified health care professional and get a clear picture of what the procedure entails, before you opt for the procedure
Trying to slow down the aging process is a challenge. Everyone wants to look young. But those who do it in a healthy and sustaining manner are the real winners.
Be well informed before you you do anything your face – Just educate yourself !
Seeing lines appearing on the forehead and neck can be really annoying for anyone especially those who are conscious about their looks. According to the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology, the exposure to sun rays, habitual smoking and a poor diet are the biggest contributors to wrinkles.
The only way people could get rid of their wrinkles or age spots was only by visiting a doctor not so long ago. Anti Wrinkle creams allow you to treat your problem areas in the privacy of your homes. The effect of the anti wrinkle face cream products can last anywhere from eight to ten hours so you stay fresh through out the day. But, there are some products promising you lasting or permanent results.
Ads with good hype on their efficacy and magical results are seen in every medium promoting one product or another. However it is your own responsibility to look at the ingredients of the anti wrinkle face cream and make sure it is safe to use. You can use the products prescribed by your doctor or dermatologist who knows what would work for your skin type.
Myths surrounding anti-wrinkle creams:
1. Anti wrinkle creams are used only by women – The statistics say the opposite. 50 percent of anti wrinkle cream buyers are men.
2. Anti wrinkle creams give instant benefits – It would take at least 30 days with constant application of proven ingredients to see a positive result.
3. No supplement of hydration needed for anti wrinkle creams with that contain hydration ingredients – Drinking plenty of water everyday is critical for any anti wrinkle cream to work or else their power is reduced to half.
4. Only old people should use anti wrinkle creams – Wrong. In fact people belonging to the age group of 35 and above can benefit to retain their young looking skin that way for longer years.
What is magic about anti wrinkle cream?
There is nothing magic as far as anti wrinkle creams are concerned. It is up to you to dispel all myths and find a suitable anti wrinkle cream. There is no magic about getting rid of wrinkles and you must understand that the process takes time.
There are many reliable products with breakthrough ingredients that are highly effective available in the market though they may be expensive. New developments in skin care and anti aging fields have made it possible to retain youthful skin with the use of these creams. Natural ingredients like essential oils, vitamins and minerals and emollients are very effective in fighting wrinkles.
The effective and harmless anti wrinkle ingredients were discovered through years of scientific research. Today the anti wrinkle cream is part of the most happening industry in the world.
Vegetables, like fruits , provide a lot of goodness and have excellent anti-aging properties. Given below are the virtues of a few vegetables which provide the right kind of nutrition keeps you fit and young.
The carrot is like Superman fighting away the evil effects of cholesterol! Basically carrot contains Alpha carotene, Beta carotene, nitrogenous composites, gluthathione, carbohydrates and phytochemicals. Carrots are also rich in potassium, calcium and vitamins A, E, C and Bi & B2. Other minerals found in carrots are magnesium, copper, iron, sulphur, phosphorus and manganese!
A powerhouse of nutrients, the carrot is instrumental in reducing cholesterol levels besides providing excellent nutrition for eyes and skin. Both are safeguarded to a great extent from age-related problems with regular consumption of this vegetable.
With a high level of Vitamin A nutrient, carrot provides the necessary fiber for digestion, besides doing great things for the immune system. Beta carotene is a great anti-aging substance that is a good antioxidant and an essential factor, possibly responsible for reducing the risk of lung cancer.
Health Tip: Carrot is more nutritious when cooked rather than when consumed raw.
The humble sweet potato is a powerhouse of nutrients with its naturally occurring sugars, complex carbohydrates, minerals (iron, potassium and calcium) and Vitamins (A, B6, C, and E). The iron enables maintaining good hemoglobin levels in the blood and calcium ensures preserving bone density. The complex carbohydrates provides energy for hard physical labour
Did you know that sweet potatoes are almost fat free? Most Vitamin E sources like vegetable oils or fruits like avocado supply the nutrient along with a good dose of fat. Sweet potato is one rare vegetable that can supply Vitamin E to your body without adding on the fat content!
The fiber content in this vegetable decreases
- Risk of rectal cancer
- Risk of colon cancer
- Diverticulosis (small bulging sacs of tissue that create pressure within the colon)
- Complaints of constipation.
This power packed vegetable supplies Vitamin A for that healthy glow and sparkling eyes, Vitamin C for a healthy skin and great immune system, while its rich supplement of Vitamin E keeps your heart young and skin trouble free. The minerals present in this ubiquitous vegetable are niacin, potassium, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium and selenium. The fiber content in pumpkin is rich and nutritious.
I will tell you the goodness of some more vegetables in my next post. Until then eat healthy and keep young!